Recipe: Delicious Handmade Italian Gnocchi
| Oct, 24, 2016 |
A delicious and relatively simple recipe that will impress your friends and family.
- Floury potatoes 750gr is the weight of the cooked potatoes (possibly white potatoes)
- Egg yolks 2
- Salt and pepper
- Plain flour 125gr + extra for dusting
- Grated parmesan 150gr
- Bake the potatoes in the oven at 190 degrees celsius if you wish you could put it on bed of rock salt. Bake until completely cooked.
- No need to peel all of it. Consistency: at the end doesn’t have to stick to your hands.
- Have ready extra flour in a bowl and for the counter. Take a piece of the mixture and start working on it forming a long sausage. With a knife cut length wise pieces of about 1 cm. Put the pieces in the bowl with flour and coat them. Remove excess flour
- If you wish to give the stripy look to it you will need either the wood gnocchi utensil or a fork will do. Lightly press the gnocchi on the utensil and you will get the stripes on your gnocchi.
- Put the gnocchi in the pot and once they float to the surface count 30 seconds and remove them. I remove them gently with a spoon with wholes to drain the water and to then put them in the sauce. I don’t recommend you make big gnocchi as they will be more delicate and more easy to break. I made mine with a very simple tomato sauce as I love tomatoes but you can do a cheese sauce or butter and sage or ragu’ sauce or even a fish sauce.